- Each kayak must start with a double-bladed kayak paddle per person and a spare double- bladed kayak paddle in the vessel.
- Each team member must carry a U.S. Coast Guard or Canadian Department of Transport approved Personal Flotation Device.
- The PFD must be equipped with a whistle.
- Orange garbage bag for signalling
- Full coverage spray skirt/deck with snaps or tie downs
- A buoyant heaving line of > 15 m (50’) in length and > 6 mm at least (1/4”) diameter, accessible to hand.
- Food and fluids to sustain each team member throughout the course of the race.
- One Bailer (bucket or pump)
- River Map
- Race Bibs
- Bear mace
- Bear bangers
- Basic First Aid Kit
- One emergency space bivy sack per person
- Waterproof matches/lighter and firestarter material
- One sleeping bag per person rated to –5C
- Free-standing tent
- Watertight flashlight or navigation light for night travel and signalling
- Petzel type LED either mounted on front of boat or in use as a headlamp on a solo kayaker have adequate battery power for eight or more hours.
- 2 extra layers of warm clothing contained in a dry bag
- Backpack stove and fuel with a pot capable of boiling 16 oz. of water.
- Sun screen
- Rain gear (tops and bottoms)
- Dry bag
- Sun glasses
- Insect repellent.
- 2 – 4×4 sterile gauze dressings
- 2 – 3×4 telfa pads
- 1 roll conforming gauze
- 4 – 1×3 adhesive bandages
- 3 knuckle bandages
- Roll of 1” waterproof adhesive tape, or equivalent amount of duct tape
- 4 antiseptic wipes
- Antibacterial ointment
- 3” ace bandage
- Mole skin
- 3 doses painkiller – Tylenol, Aspirin
- 3 doses anti-inflammatory – Motrin, Advil
- 3 doses antihistamine
Friday 24th June
Gatwick to Vancouver
Arrive: 12.05Accommodation – Vancouver
Arrive 24th June
Depart: 25th June
SameSun Backpackers Lodge, 1018 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC V6Z 1L5
Saturday 25th June
Vancouver to Whitehorse
Arrive: 13.55Accommodation – Whitehorse
Arrive: 25th June
Depart: 29th JuneYukon River Quest Race
Wednesday 29th June – Race begins at 12.00
Friday July 1st – check point closes at Carrmacks
Sunday July 3rd – race finish line closes at Dawson City 00.00
84 hrs to complete 474 miles.Accommodation – Dawson City
Arrive: July 2nd
Depart: July 3rd
Transfer from Dawson City to Whitehorse
Up North Adventure
Accommodation – Whitehorse
Arrive: 3rd July
Depart: 5th July
Tuesday 5th July
Whitehorse to Vancouver
Arrive: 10.15Accommodation – Vancouver
Thursday 7th July
Vancouver to Gatwick